Newland Engineering Environmental Policy
compliance with all environmental legislation best practice
Newland Engineering Co. Ltd. is based in Hyde, Greater Manchester and specialises in the design, manufacture, sale, hire, installation, servicing and repair of conveyors.
As an environmentally conscious organisation, we are dedicated to the practice of sound environmental management by minimising the environmental impact of our activities, products and services. We aim to operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and use environmental best practices where possible. We also endeavour to continually improve our environmental performance.
In order to achieve a high level of environmental performance, we aim to:
- Meet the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation and exceed this where possible.
- Reduce, re-use and recycle waste wherever possible to reduce waste being sent to landfill, while ensuring full compliance with the ‘duty of care’ regulations.
- Ensure efficient, environmentally responsible use of electrical appliances by considering energy efficiency when purchasing new equipment and maintaining a good level of staff awareness and shutdown procedures at the end of each day.
- Minimise company travel by using technology such as email, web systems, fax and phone to conduct client and supplier communications where possible.
- Communicate our intentions regarding the environment and request details of environmental credentials and legislative compliance from suppliers.
- Ensure that all employees understand and contribute towards the environmental policy. Appropriate training will be given where needed.
- Review the environmental policy annually and continue to seek other opportunities to improve environmental performance.
It is the responsibility of the management to ensure that this environmental policy is adhered to and that the firm strives to continually improve.